Austin Premarital Counseling

Image courtesy of arztsamui at FreeDigitalPhotos.netYou’re planning your wedding, but are you planning your marriage?

Newly married couples face many challenges in their first year together. Now is the time to identify those areas of challenge and build the communication skills and understanding to have a lifetime of joy, intimacy and love! Make an appointment with either Daniel or Molly and start your marriage off on the right foot.

Want to commit to a few sessions?  Take advantage of our discounted Premarital Packages.

We are a Twogether in Texas provider!

Completion of 8 hours of premarital counseling qualifies you for a $60 credit toward your Texas Marriage License fee.

Prepare/Enrich Assessment and Review – $160

With the Prepare/Enrich assessment, you get a written report detailing your relationship dynamics, including your strengths and areas for potential growth. Additionally, a trained marriage counselor will discuss the report with you and identify any potential sources of future conflict. (80 minutes)
Sign Up Today!

Prepare/Enrich Group Class – TBA

Join other couples in a fun and relaxed atmosphere to learn the skills and practices you’ll need to build a strong and satisfying marriage. Using the information from your individualized Prepare/Enrich relationship report as well as proven techniques from the Gottman Method, Nonviolent Communication, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, your counselor will help you and your partner create the positive habits needed to have a happy marriage. Our goal is to ensure your couples’ bond is secure and ready to face any challenge that comes your way. Additional areas of concentration include:

  • Building Effective Conflict Resolution and Communication Skills
  • Creating Shared Expectations for Finances, Children and Pursuing Life Dreams
  • Relationship Roles
  • Assessing the Impact and Role of Family History
  • Managing Wedding (and Life) Stress

The group class consists of two 4-hour sessions on consecutive Sundays – TBA

Join our wait list for the next available class

Private Sessions – $80 (50 minute)/$120 (80 minute)

We offer individual sessions for couples who prefer a private setting or who wish to explore specific areas of concern in more depth than the class allows.

Premarital Counseling for High Conflict Couples – $760

Are you in a volatile relationship?

You might be a High Conflict Couple if:

  • Fights come out of nowhere, or get more heated, or last longer than the situation warrants
  • Communication is characterized by contempt, criticism, defensiveness or stonewalling
  • You end up walking on eggshells around particular topics to avoid drama
  • It feels like your friend goes away in a fight and is replaced by a mean or unloving stranger
  • You have a great relationship 95% of the time, but the remaining 5% makes you doubt if you should be together

The frequency of conflict has no effect on the longevity of a relationship or on the happiness and satisfaction of both partners. It is how you manage that inevitable conflict that makes the difference between a marriage that ends in divorce and one that stays together for decades.

In High Conflict Premarital Counseling, you will:

  • Increase the number and quality of positive interactions in your relationship
  • Learn how to replace the damaging modes of communication with more successful strategies for being heard and understood
  • Practice offering compassion and understanding to your partner so that they are more able and more willing to meet your needs
  • Develop strategies for curtailing hurtful conflict positively and for reconnecting once the fighting is done
  • Practice accepting influence on important decisions and challenging subjects

Stop walking on eggshells, stop sweeping old fights under the rug, stop waiting for that next blow up. Take control of your shared future. Schedule an assessment with one of our highly trained marriage therapists and start down the road toward the healthy, loving, respectful marriage that you want to have. (10.5 hours)

Purchasers of Premarital Relationship Packages are eligible for a discounted follow-up session to fine-tune or adjust action plans.

To schedule your sessions, or if you have any questions, please contact us.